Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Home Decor: Bathroom Series Part 1

So last month, the Hubbs and I closed on a new house. It took 7 months to complete our new abode and it was fun watching it take shape from the ground up. And what's been even more fun, is the decorating. It's like starting with a blank canvas.
 
So as I slowly turn my house into a home, I'll be featuring the inexpensive ways I've decorated different rooms. Today I'll start with our main level powder bath.
 
 
I love this bathroom. It's a fairly spacious bathroom with a pedestal sink and oval mirror which I think adds simple beauty. The theme of this bathroom is a nautical/beachy one. The framed picture (below) is one that I already had from the last house and Hubbs picked up the small towel rack (below) from Home Depot for less than $10. Now I'm a big, big fan of decorative towels. I must be getting old because when I was younger, I thought hanging towels up that people weren't supposed to use was just stupid. But here I am.... endorsing "stupid."
 
 
 
 
White Towel: Wal-mart $1.99
Green Hand Towel: Target $3.99
Ribbon: Already had.

Total: $6
 
 
 
In my last house, I had an actual vanity and a decorative shelf to put all these nice little decorations on. The pedestal sink does not allow much decorating space so lucky for me, I happened to stop by Bed, Bath and Beyond when this hanging shadow box thingy was on clearance. It fits all my little beachy decorations nicely.

Shadow Box thingy: Bed, Bath and Beyond $16.99

 
All the beachy decorations are something I already had from our last house. But I got these a couple years ago at Michaels during their end of summer clearance and I think the most expensive one I got was the Pelican for like $4.



I had this picture from the last house.
 



There is nowhere to store TP. So this little basket served well. I also threw a couple magazines and a little decorative piece is as well.

Basket: Michaels $5
.

You can find an inspiration photo for something similar here .
 
 
Happy Decorating!
 
XOXO
 

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment