Thursday, September 13, 2012

Money Saving Move: Accessories.. Continued

Ok so do you guys remember the original MSM post a few weeks ago about...
 
 
New Accessories, Not New Outfits?

I promised some pictures to go with the post. Since I don't want to have a bunch of stuff related to the same post scattered all over the blog, I'm re-posting this one. So I apologize for those of you who already read this post. So here you go.... again.... except with pictures this time. :)

 
We all know that accessories really add "oomph" to an outfit. My latest strategy has been to invest in a few new accessories instead of completely new outfits. And it's amazing how effective that has been.


Shoes, belts, handbags and scarves are among some of the most inter-changable accessories. You can switch up just a few of these and come up with a very different look. Clothes I have not worn in a long time are slowly creeping their way back out of my closet as a result of a few extra accessories.

Scarf: Plato's Closet $4
Belt: Rue 21 $1.25
Dress: NY&C: $15.00
 


My recommendation for accessories is buy (most of them) second-hand! I say "most" because there are a few things I would not buy second-hand, like hats. These items are usually in good condition and are much more reasonably priced. Let's face it! Nobody wants to pay $20 for a lightweight summer scarf. That being said, some of my favortite stores for accessories are Plato's Closet and My Best Friend's Closet (A local Aurora, CO store.) At Plato's Closet, you can find scarves for $4-$ , belts for between $6-$8, and handbags and shoes from $8 on up.
 


 
Scarf: Plato's Closet $4
Belt: Rue 21 $1.25
Top: (It's actually a dress) NY&C: $15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment