Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm back.... again.


Alright, so I'm back from another hiatus. This last month has been very very busy for us so, naturally the blog took a back seat. We took a last minute cruise to the Caribbean about a month ago and it has been non stop since we got back. But It was fantastic and worth it! And to boot, we celebrated J's birthday while we were there!
 
If you ever have the flexibility, a last minute cruise is definitely the way to go. Some cruises will drop to almost half the normal cost within the last week of departure. The Hubbs and I are limited on flexibility especially with both of us working and having two small children. But we were blessed that this worked out almost amazingly perfect for us. We pulled it together in 4 days. We booked on a Tuesday and left on a Friday. We have now checked off "spontaneous vacation" from our bucket list.
 
Probably the best part of this whole thing was that we were meeting 18 other friends and family there..... and nobody knew (except for my cousin and my aunt.)  My parents were beyong shocked and surprised when we showed up un-announced.
 
Our stops included Tortola, St. Maarten, Guadaloupe, St. Kitts and Barbados.
 
The Brilliance of the Seas docked in Tortola



The Baths at Virgin Gorda in Tortola


Ash on the beach in Tortola


My toes in Tortola. Proof I was there! I highly, highly recommend this beach if you ever travel to Tortola



St. Maarten. Home of the best coconut smoothie..... EVER. (seriously!)




St. Kitts




St. Kitts.



Our whole group on the catamaran in Barbados. We swam with sea turtles and snorkeled and it was amazing! If you ever go to Barabados, look up the cool runnings excursion. Well worth it and the crew was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment